fredag 30. oktober 2009

Australia

Unbelievable!

I was in heaven yesterday! it has been my dream ever since I found out i was born in Augreat stralia, to visit my dear birth country again. Yesterday was by far the best day yet! Heaven was Great Barrier reef. Great Barrier reef was so much better than all the pictures I have been drooling over on the net, and so much more unbelievable than what the facts say about it, even though they are quite amazing as well!

Great Barrier reef lies on the northcoast of Queensland . It is the largest corall reef in the world. It is amazingly 2000 km long, and you can even see it from space. The reef is on UNESCO'S world heritage list, and also one of CNN's seven natural wonders of the world.

I am not exactly the only one that has been to this heaven, every year 2 million tourists visit the reef, two MILLION, that is crazy. Sadly though, like so many other natural tourist attractions, the reef suffers from all the tourism.

Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved dolfines. Yesterday i got to swim with them!! I had to pay som money though, but it was truly worth it. Luckily I had taken my divers certificate before I came. If not, I wouldn't have been able to take the best and longest "tour" around the reef. You could also go snorkling or in a boat with a glass bottom. A lot of old people did that. I personally think you would get most out of the scooba diving!

dolfins wasn't exactly the only "fish" I saw. There are over 1500 different fish species, 125 shark species and 215 bird species. I saw coulors I never knew excisted.

I have to go now, I am going too meet a friend that I met yesterday. Today I am going to learn how to surf! I can't wait. He is from here, so he is going to teach me, he even knows the best places to hit the waves! I love his dialect, australian is so cool. He calles EVERYBODY mate, it is so funny!

xox

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar